The Oxner Legha, PLLC is a boutique law firm located in Houston, Texas that practices family law, business law, probate law, estate planning, personal injury, and other legal matters. We are growing and expanding our family law practice and looking for an Associate Attorney candidate interested in providing the best legal services to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Family Law Associate to grow our family law practice. The candidate must be a licensed Texas attorney with at least three years of experience practicing family law. The candidate is expected to cover all aspects of family law litigation including:
- child custody,
- child support,
- spousal maintenance,
- domestic violence, and
- other aspects of handling a family law docket.
The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with an excellent understanding of a client’s needs and legal problems. Along with handling a client’s case from initial consultation through trial, you will maintain a high level of client satisfaction. You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-drive environment. This means that you will be required to work late some evenings and weekends to prepare for hearings and trials. To do so, the ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Research, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Legal drafting;
- Courtroom appearances;
- Mediated Settlement Agreements;
- Prepare for and attend court hearings;
- Prepare for and attend mediations;
- Advocating for your client in court;
- Ensure compliance with the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and Texas Family Code;
- Meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail;
- Supervise paralegals and other staff related to your cases; and
- Computer and word processing skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and familiarity with research on the internet.
A successful candidate will have good people skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.