Protect Your Assets
A Transfer on Death Deed or Revocable Transfer on Death Deed is a relatively new document under the Texas Estates Code that allows an individual or married couple to list a beneficiary to their property so that the property automatically transfers to that person upon their death.
Alleviate Hardship for Loved Ones
Avoid Costly Probate Fees
Create a Clear Plan
Your Property Does Not Transfer Automatically
Many Texans mistakenly believe that their property will automatically transfer to a spouse or a child when they pass away. But, unfortunately, this is not the case, and unless there is an estate plan in place, your property will drive up enormous cost in Probate Courts to determine who is entitled to the property after you have passed.
The Revocable Transfer on Death Deed makes the home a nonprobate asset and can eliminate the need to probate the estate if the only asset is a home. Also, a Revocable Transfer on Death Deed is valid and executable even if there is a mortgage owing to the home.
Even If They Are on the Property Deed, You Still Need a Transfer of Death Deed
That's right. Even if your spouse or loved one bought the property with you and is listed on the deed, the property will still be probated in court and drive up your cost well beyond what a Revocable Transfer on Death Deed will cost.More about Estate Planning
Why Opt for Our Transfer on Death Deed Services?
- Skilled Estate Planning Attorneys: Our team possesses in-depth knowledge and experience in creating transfer on death deeds, ensuring your estate is handled according to your wishes.
- Simplified Property Transfer Process: We help you navigate the complexities of estate planning, making the transfer of your property straightforward and stress-free.
- Tailored to Your Needs: Understanding that every estate is unique, our services are customized to meet your specific requirements and goals.
- Ensuring Legal Compliance: We ensure that your TOD deed is legally compliant and valid under state laws.
Our Transfer on Death Deed Services Include
- Drafting the TOD Deed: We assist in drafting a TOD deed that clearly designates your beneficiary and outlines the terms of property transfer.
- Legal Review and Consultation: Our services include a thorough review of your TOD deed, providing expert legal advice to ensure your objectives are met.
- Filing and Recording Services: We manage the filing and recording of your TOD deed with the appropriate authorities, ensuring legal validity.
- Guidance on Estate Planning: Beyond TOD deeds, we offer comprehensive estate planning guidance to protect your assets and legacy.
Who Can Benefit from a Transfer on Death Deed?
- Property owners looking for a straightforward method to pass on real estate
- Individuals seeking to avoid the probate process for their beneficiaries
- Homeowners interested in a simple estate planning tool
- Families planning for the future distribution of property