Attorney Arpita Legha, a co-founding partner of Oxner Legha, exclusively focuses and manages the Family Law section of the firm.
Arpita was born in New Delhi, India and moved to Houston, Texas in 2002. While her peers were graduating high school, Arpita received a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance at the age of just 19. Thereafter, Arpita received her Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in May 2013, followed by a Masters in Law (LL.M.) in Tax Law in May 2014 at the University of Florida Levin School of Law.
Arpita started her career as an international tax planning attorney at PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, one of the top 4 accounting firms in the world. Missing the personal aspect of practicing law, Arpita quit her corporate job and became a family law attorney. She fell in love with family law and the people she helped navigate life changing events. Immediately prior to co-founding Oxner Legha, Arpita was the lead attorney managing a docket of over 50 family law cases.
Arpita’s family law practice specifically deals with complex property divisions, high net worth divorces, child custody battles, negotiations, and mediations. Her background in business and tax provides Arpita a unique perspective into her clients’ emotional and financial needs. While being compassionate for her clients, Arpita has the ability to arm her clients with the knowledge they need to make sound decisions regarding their case and foreseeable future.
Arpita, her husband, Jagroop, along with their two dogs, Romeo and Storm, are proud residents of Houston, Texas. In her free time, Arpita loves to play the drums.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
“Desi and Divorce” for Indo American News Radio – February 12, 2022
Leadership and Volunteer
- Daya, Inc. – Pro-bono Family Law Attorney
- Texas Bar College Member
- Levin College of Law – University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- LL.M. – Master of Laws in Taxation
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor
- Magna Cum Laude
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Dean’s List
- First in Class – Legal Writing
- First in Class – Civil Procedure
- First in Class – Trial Simulation
- School of Management – University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Finance
- Cum Laude
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
Articles & Publications
- How to Get Divorced in Texas
- What Happens to Retirement Accounts and Pensions in Texas During Divorce
- Did You Know that You May Be Married? How to Know if You’re Common Law Married in Texas
- How Protective Orders Work in Texas
- The Emotional Stages of Divorce
- Challenges of Same-Sex Divorce
- Spousal Support: Everything You Need To Know
- How to Get Spousal Support in Texas after an Abusive Marriage
- No, You Are Not Evil for Wanting Child Support
- Understanding Premarital Agreements in Texas