Attorney Oxner is a Canadian citizen who moved to the United States on an academic and athletic (hockey) scholarship at the Groton School. Jason graduated from Trinity College in Connecticut, following which, Jason attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law where he was an associate editor on Law Review, elected as Mr. Thurgood Marshall School of Law, a Real Property tutor, and graduated Summa Cum Laude in the top 5% of the class. During Jason’s final year of law school, he worked in the school’s prestigious Wills, Probate, and Guardianship Clinic where he assisted low-income members of the community in planning their estates, representing them in probate matters, and representing incapacitated adults in guardianship hearings. After receiving his Juris Doctor, Jason received a scholarship to attend St. John’s University School of Law in New York, where he obtained his LL.M. (Masters of Law).
Prior to cofounding Oxner Legha, PLLC, Jason interned in the Athletic Department at West Virginia University, where he worked directly under the Athletic Director, Oliver Luck, to secure a minor league baseball stadium agreement among other major transactions. Jason then moved back to Texas and began his litigation career in personal injury and business disputes at the prestigious law firm, Abraham Watkins.
Jason has worked for Baylor College of Medicine where he represented doctors and researchers at St. Luke’s Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital during the negotiation phase of new drugs and devices with private pharmaceutical companies.
Today, Attorney Jason Oxner is a founding partner at Oxner Legha Law Firm in Cypress, Texas where he primarily focuses on Estate Planning and Probate Law. Jason’s clients appreciate his background in business law and property law, which gives him special knowledge on protecting clients’ assets during their lifetime and thereafter.
Jason, his wife, Kelly, and their son, Carson, live in Houston with their three cats. Jason continues to play hockey, serve as the Director at Large to his Homeowners Association, is an adviser to the Nova Scotia Business Inc., and other volunteer and board memberships.
Jason is licensed in the State of Texas and is a member of the State Bar’s Health Law Section, Real Estate and Probate Section, and Business Law Section.
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Consumer Rights
- Debt Defense
- Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- The Consumer & Commercial Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate Probate and Trust Law Section (“REPTL”)
- State Bar of Texas
- Business Entities, Governing Documents, and Buy-sell Agreements – January 25, 2020
- How to Run a Business from a Lawyer’s Perspective – January 30, 2021
- Estate Planning: The Modern Approach to Planning for your Family’s Future – August 20th, 2020
- Estate Planning: How to Avoid Probate when Planning your Estate – October 19, 2019
- How to Plan for your Future – Estate Planning – November 20, 2020
Leadership and Volunteer
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. – Global Advisor, United States Attorney Business Entities
- Aberdeen Trails Homeowners Association – Board of Directors – Director at Large
- Thurgood Marshall Bar Excellence Project – Board of Directors – Secretary
Texas Bar College Member
- LL.M. – Master of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Top 5% of class
- Academic Honors – All semesters
- Summa Cum Laude
- First in Class – Real Property Law
- First in Class – Consumer Rights Law
- First in Class – Oil and Gas Law
- First in Class – Business Associations Law
- Real Property – Graduate Assistant
- Major: Psychology
- Pi Gamma Mu Honors Society
- Dean’s List
- Men’s Rowing Team – ECAC National Champion
- Peabody Award
- Boston Globe Flood Shield Award – Hockey
- Men’s Hockey Team – Captain
- Men’s Rowing Team – Captain
- All ISL – Hockey